Salutations all and welcome to my first official post for “Here’s the Dish!” I have decided to make brownie cookies — my favorite baked good — since it’s extremely quick and simple to whip up, while also tasting delicious! Two years ago, I stumbled upon this recipe and it has been my go-to dessert ever since. This quickly became my favorite because I’ve always preferred the corner pieces of regular brownies for their chewier texture and found that the brownie cookies have that same consistency throughout every piece. After tasting this brownie cookie hybrid, I was unable to go back to the regular version!
Now I’ve decided to share this hidden treasure I’ve kept for so long (so feel special.) Without further ado, here is the recipe:
What you’ll need:
-A box of brownie box from whichever brand you refer
-½ a cup of oil
– A cookie sheet
-Parchment paper or nonstick spray
Makes slightly over 2 dozen cookies
1. First gather all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk everything together by putting in the brownie mix then the eggs and oil.
2. Stop stirring once the mix reaches a thick consistency.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Place the parchment paper on the cookie sheet and apply roughly a spoonful of brownie mix for each individual cookie.
5. Flatten the cookie with your fingertips or a spoon, and shape it into a circle.
6. Space each cookie roughly 1-2 inches apart.
7. Place the cookies in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they have turned completely solid.
8. Take the cookies out of the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
9. Enjoy and share with your friends and family!
Words and pictures by Jennifer Eng